The purpose of the Business Leadership Council (BLC) is to provide an avenue for business leaders to have open and frank dialogue on local issues affecting our businesses in a relaxed and collegial environment. The BLC accomplishes its mission by leading a high profile, proactive advocacy program at the local level for business interests throughout Foster City and the 92 Corridor focusing on key initiatives such as improving infrastructure, enhancing workforce development, increasing the supply and range of workforce housing and promoting robust economic development.
This invitation only forum created by the Foster City Chamber of Commerce will help build relationships among trusted peers. As the Chamber of Commerce, we realize the advantage of coordinating efforts to develop sustainable civic, industrial and commercial growth within the community through advocacy, education, networking and active involvement.
Past Session Dates and Subjects:
- March 20th 2019: 92 Corridor Top Transportation Opportunity Study Findings for Foster City and More
- February 6th, 2018: Levee Improvement Project – Impact to Business
- September 7th 2017: Special Joint Session with San Mateo – Strategic Work Group – Transportation and Mobility
- March 31st, 2017: Future Casting 2020: Workforce Productivity
- September 13th, 2016: Special Joint Session with San Mateo – Transportation, Mobility, Accessibility
- December 21st, 2015: Project 2021 – Briefing Document Summary ; City of Foster City – Meet & Greet with Mayor
- August 14th, 2015: Inaugural Meeting – Welcome, Review Key Areas of Interest, Interactive Discussion